The GNU database manager.
GNU `dbm' is a library of functions implementing a hashed database on a
disk file. This manual documents GNU `dbm' Version 1.10 (`gdbm'). The
software was originally written by Philip A. Nelson. This document
was originally written by Pierre Gaumond from texts written by Phil.
* Copying Your rights.
* Intro Introduction to GNU dbm.
* List List of functions.
* Open Opening the database.
* Close Closing the database.
* Store Inserting and replacing records in the database.
* Fetch Searching records in the database.
* Delete Removing records from the database.
* Sequential Sequential access to records.
* Reorganization Database reorganization.
* Sync Insure all writes to disk have competed.
* Flat files Export and import to Flat file format.
* Errors Convert internal error codes into English.
* Options Setting internal options.
* Locking File locking.
* testgdbm Test and modify a GDBM database.
* gdbmexport Export a database into a portable format.
* Error codes Error codes returned by `gdbm' calls.
* Variables Two useful variables.
* Compatibility Compatibility with UNIX dbm and ndbm.
* Bugs Problems and bugs.
* Resources Additional resources,
* GNU Free Documentation License Document license.
* Index Index
automatically generated by