GNU `dbm' is a library of functions implementing a hashed database
on a disk file. This manual documents GNU `dbm' Version 1.8 (`gdbm').
The software was written by Philip A. Nelson. This document was
originally written by Pierre Gaumond from texts written by Phil.
* Copying Your rights.
* Intro Introduction to GNU dbm.
* List List of functions.
* Open Opening the database.
* Close Closing the database.
* Store Inserting and replacing records in the database.
* Fetch Searching records in the database.
* Delete Removing records from the database.
* Sequential Sequential access to records.
* Reorganization Database reorganization.
* Sync Insure all writes to disk have competed.
* Errors Convert internal error codes into English.
* Options Setting internal options.
* Locking File locking.
* Variables Two useful variables.
* Compatibility Compatibility with UNIX dbm and ndbm.
* Conversion Converting dbm files to gdbm format.
* Bugs Problems and bugs.
automatically generated by