CVS--Concurrent Versions System v1.11.23
This info manual describes how to use and administer CVS version
Copyright (C) 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Copyright (C) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
2007 Derek R. Price,
Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Ximbiot
Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1999 Signum Support AB,
and Copyright (C) others.
Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
preserved on all copies.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of
this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided also
that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms
of a permission notice identical to this one.
Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this
manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified
versions, except that this permission notice may be stated in a
translation approved by the Free Software Foundation.
* Overview An introduction to CVS
* Repository Where all your sources are stored
* Starting a new project Starting a project with CVS
* Revisions Numeric and symbolic names for revisions
* Branching and merging Diverging/rejoining branches of development
* Recursive behavior CVS descends directories
* Adding and removing Adding/removing/renaming files/directories
* History browsing Viewing the history of files in various ways
CVS and the Real World.
* Binary files CVS can handle binary files
* Multiple developers How CVS helps a group of developers
* Revision management Policy questions for revision management
* Keyword substitution CVS can include the revision inside the file
* Tracking sources Tracking third-party sources
* Builds Issues related to CVS and builds
* Special Files Devices, links and other non-regular files
* CVS commands CVS commands share some things
* Invoking CVS Quick reference to CVS commands
* Administrative files Reference manual for the Administrative files
* Environment variables All environment variables which affect CVS
* Compatibility Upgrading CVS versions
* Troubleshooting Some tips when nothing works
* Credits Some of the contributors to this manual
* BUGS Dealing with bugs in CVS or this manual
* Index Index
automatically generated by